Mark Miller Toyota - New & Used Toyota Car Dealership in Salt Lake City - Serving Provo and Grantsville, Utah
Our business began in 1953 as a Pontiac/Cadillac dealership located at 4919 South State Street in Murray. Started by Laury Miller, the dealership later added GMC trucks and eventually Rambler. The company remained at that location until the fall of 1967, when it moved into its current facility at 3535 South State Street.
In 1971, the dealership took on Subaru, a small company which was importing a new front-wheel drive car from Japan. Also in 1971, Laury's son Mark joined the company on a full time basis. Having worked in the auto repair and service, auto parts, and used car departments, he had just completed his first year as a salesperson and in January, 1971 started his duties as the dealership's Accounting Manager.
In July of 1975, Laury and Mark signed a buy-sell agreement which was completed in November of 1976. On December 1st of 1976, Mark was awarded the Pontiac and Subaru franchises and became one of the youngest General Motors dealers in the country.
In 1985, the decision was made to separate into its own corporation and facility, and in May of that year, Mark Miller Subaru opened at its location at 3734 South State Street. At that time, Glen Krinke, who had been the General Sales Manager at the main dealership, was promoted to General Manager and took over the day-to-day operations of the Subaru Dealership. In December of 1985, Steve McIntyre was promoted to General Manager of Mark Miller Pontiac.
In April of 1990, Mark purchased a Toyota car dealership in Salt Lake City. Mark Miller Toyota opened on April 13th, 1990.
Mark Miller Toyota is successfully led today by General Manager Bill Niemann.
Mark Miller spends the majority of his time representing the Dealerships in the local community. His involvements include:
- Past Member-Board of Directors - United Way of the Greater Salt Lake Area
- Past Member-Board of Directors - National Automobile Dealers Association
- Past Trustee - National Automobile Dealers Retirement Trust
- Co-author of NADA's Sales Certification Program
- Co-author of NADA's Trakmate Program
- Member - President's Club Committee University of Utah
- Past Chairman of the Board of Governors - Salt Lake Area
- Chamber of Commerce
- Past Chairman - Young Presidents Organization (Utah Chapter)
- Past President - Wasatch Front Pontiac Advertising Association
- Vice Chairman - Motor Vehicle Dealer Advisory Board
- Past Chairman Board of Trustee Rowland Hall-St. Mark's School
- Member Utah Sports Authority
- Past Chairman Southwestern Dealers Life Insurance Company
- Volunteer Chair Utah Olympic Sports Park - Salt Lake Organizing Committee for the 2002 Winter Games
- Board Member ARUP Laboratories
- Board Member Angel Flight West
- Treasurer Angel Flight West
- Treasurer Salt Lake Country Club
- Executive Committee University of Utah Health Advocates
- Member Utah Air Travel Commission
Mark Miller Toyota reflects the attitude of its owner, very low pressure and easy to deal with. That is why we are "Famous for Customer Service". We are the winner of Toyota's prestigious President's Award nineteen times, given to Toyota dealers who display excellent customer satisfaction.
What does that mean to you? No hassle pricing: you want to know what your trade is worth, we will tell you. No commitment on your part is necessary. Our commitment to the customer is what drives our business. Everyone at our dealership is trained to make your visit as pleasant as possible. We try to put the fun back in buying a car in Salt Lake City!